Thursday, April 15, 2010

We all got it coming, kid.


Photo credit: http://www.lomography.com/homes/digouturblueeyes

Everything always looks so dark in nighttime fisheye pictures. Right over my shoulder is some gaping maw black abyss. How metaphorical!

I've been ramping up the reading lately. Getting me stoked to write something on my own. These somewhat poorly written faux memoirs are right up my alley. I can somewhat poorly write a faux memoir! Exclamation points abound. Only one was completely sarcastic.

I am officially looking for a job. I am doubtful I can find one that matches the freedom of my current job's pantslessness, hopeful that I can improve on the financial standing of a Chuck E. Cheese manager.

Time to put on my big boy pants and do this. I don't want to fall asleep watching DVD reruns of futurama and wake up 10 years in the future singing a Talking Heads song. I am still confident I can get a job that won't steal my soul. I'm not talking about some namby pamby touchy feely nonprofit job either, that's not my bag. I just want something that makes me feel productive and utilized. I am a man with skills! A skilled man! I don't want to be an account manager or alphabetizer. Also, rich would be nice.

3 comments:

  1. i'll take a walk down inspriation ally and see if i can find one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's my addition to inspiration alley - the full text of this post's title:

    -It's a hell of a thing killing a man. Take away all he's got and he's ever gonna have.
    -Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.
    -We all got it coming, kid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. there is nothing wrong with touchy feely and namby pamby, thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete