Wednesday, January 5, 2011

2011


Happy New Year.

Things I learned in 2010:

1. Cats are just as annoying to own as I thought they would be
2. It's nice having a warm, fuzzy jerk to come home to
3. You can't always get what you want
4. Some people you just can't help
5. I will never have a car that runs perfectly and without incident
6. Being happy is all that matters
7. There are people out there who enjoy what I write
8. I like early 90's college rock way more than I should

Things for 2011:

1. Write more, bitch less
2. Get paid to write
3. Know when it's time to let go
4. Eat better/cheaper
5. Play sports
6. Go to a Phillies game with my dad
7. Onward, upward
8. Schedule

I am started 2011 pretty much how I started 2010. Same job, same apartment, same life. While I am alright with my job, apartment and life, I feel like I should not start 2012 the same way. I have made progress this year, but most of it is not tangible. I think I am a happier stronger person, but some of the shallow things, like money and job are where they were a a year ago. Shallow things matter. Progress is important. I want to be like a shark, always moving, not even able to go backward. I'll let you know how this works out.

Those aren't resolutions per se, but continuing goals, maxims and benchmarks.

What about you? How was your 2010? What are you trying to accomplish in 2011? How far have you come? How far will you go?

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Tony! Wishing you the best in 2011, keep up the great writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deepest, bluest, your hat is like a shark's fin.
    Thought you should know I've continued my embarrassing Amazon-affair following your O.G. Saunders suggestion. Read any Martin Amis? Thus far all I can say is sharp, underlined steez.
    Here's hoping the upward trajectory continues, Cool James.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to check out Martin Amis. I usually have a no Martins rule, but since you suggested it...

    ReplyDelete