Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Super

Here's a playlist that I came up with on my own. Thanks for nothing, readers.

This is the playlist of songs that make me feel awesome. This is the list of songs that play in my head at all times. Blame these for my massive ego, or blame my massive ego for constantly playing these songs in my head, either way. These songs make me feel better, they make me feel like I can do anything, they occasionally make me do bad stuff - they are the stuff that dreams are made of.

Pow!

1. Tony's Theme - Pixies
"This is a song about a superhero named Tony" Pretty straightforward. To-ny To-ny To-ny.
2. My Hero - Foo Fighters This song gives me goosebumps when I picture myself in slow motion saving people from a fire or vanquishing foes set to this.
3. Hustlin' - Rick Ross Best first line of all time. This song once got me so excited in the bar I slapped my friend in the balls, just because this song was on.
4. More Human Than Human - White Zombie More human than human? That has to be a good thing, right?
5. Street Walkin' - Dan Auerbach The first few times I heard this song I thought he was saying "sheet walking." I created this old-timey saying in my head based on pirates that was "sheet-walking" - the tides are high, the wind is whipping and there you are, atop the sails and masts and crow's nest, defiant. Sheet walkin' - pretty badass right? Street walkin' is badass too, I guess.
6. The Mariner's Revenge Song - The Decemberists A nigh nine-minute pirate-themed revenge opus? Yes please.
7. Search and Destroy - Iggy & The Stooges I AM a street-walkin' cheetah with a heart full of napalm.
8. Where Eagles Dare - The Misfits "I ain't no goddamn son of a bitch" and it's named after a movie about killing Nazis. This.
9. Simple Song - Avail My favorite song of all time.
10. Through the Fire and the Flames - Dragonforce I couldn't resist.
11. Birthday - Kid Dynamite Every list like this needs some Philly sing-along posi hardcore.
12. Party Hard - Andrew WK I like to party.
13. Welcome to the Jungle - Guns N' Roses Every badass needs a badassed car, and this was my favorite car's theme song.

I feel like going out and kicking some ass now. What are your songs to get you stoked up? Feel free to go out and do some awesome shit to these songs, that's kind of the point.

4 comments:

  1. In my haste I read "I feel like going out and kicking some ass now" as "I feel like going out and kicking some snow." But it made sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should know how much I hate stepping on snow. Yuck. But I would probably kick it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Frankie Teardrop" by Suicide always gets me feeling good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frankie Teardrop is soooo uplifting, you're right. Most songs by Suicide are, come to think of it. Why did those silly geese give themselves such a silly name?

    ReplyDelete