Friday, June 4, 2010

Thursday Taste Lesson

...on a Friday! Lucky you!

Let's just do a photo essay of things I recommend?


yum!


obviously a descendant of Thor. Go Flyers!


Best.


Shop here.


Read this!

I'll say a word about this last one.
A few Christmases ago this book was given to me as a gift. I never read it - sorry gift giver! - until recently. I was missing out. I was really impressed by this book. It really stands out amongst the spate of the cynical, pandering modern fiction wunderkind. This book is terrifying. Not scary in the boo! or serial killer kind of way, but in the heartbreaking "wow life really ruins people" kind of way. It is a collection of short stories and the titular novella. All of the stories are about a character in some Americana tragedy. Very quick read, very effecting read. Read it! and this, read this blog a lot. Hopefully back later with some GAFABP.

Also I think someone is playing Marco Polo outside my apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment