Thursday, June 17, 2010

Thursday Taste Lesson

So I've done my beefing with the green movement recently, so I wanted to give you some of my favorite green characters. First up, the forgotten benefactor of humanity, Norman Borlaug.



Best Dude Ever

That there's a link to his Wiki page. This fella here used his Ph.D. in plant pathology and genetics to develop disease resistant strains of high yield crops in third world countries. People have said that his work has saved ONE BILLION lives. One billion. How many you got, Al Gore

Another favorite of mine, Julian Simon, the Doom Slayer


Ok enough green. Here's some other awesome stuff.




An awesome magazine. One of three I subscribe to along with Wired and Dwell. I recommend all three!



Another George Saunders collection I enjoyed. Just finished it last night. Not quite as good as Civilwarland in bad Decline, but a quick, enjoyable read none the less.





Geekologie, one of the few blogs I check daily.


Well that's it. Enjoy my recommendations and become a better person for them. You're welcome.

Gimme some GAFABPs for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment