Thursday, June 10, 2010

Thursday Taste Lesson

Well, Flyers, it was a good run. At least now all these fair weather Flyers fans can go back to being fair weather Phillies fans. Whew, those hockey names are way harder to remember. Also Phillies shirts are waaaay cuter for the female fake fans and the bros can take their shirts off at Phillies games. See, not so bad.

On to the recommendations

Eat me.
Good for drowning Flyers based sorrows.

Read me.
Insight.

Shoot me.

Lomography. My inroads to analogue photography.

I am recommending you get a camera and take pictures. Not a digital camera, not shots of you and your homegirls doing shots at the baaaar!! Not pictures of your baby who isn't as cute as you think he is. Pictures of everything else. Pictures of your life, taken on real film with cheap, plastic cameras. It is surprisingly fun and rewarding. A completely different experience than crowding around a little LCD screen on the back of your camera. Take pictures, fill up a roll and drop it off. The excitement of picking up your developed roll is something you haven't felt in a long time. I get my supplies from lomography.com. You can get standard 35 or 120 cameras, or one of the fun, gimicky cameras. Take 4 shots on a frame, take 8 shots on a frame, take landscapes, take pinholes, take long exposures - take what you want. The best part about the "art" that is photography is that anyone can do it and very few can do it well. What this means though, is that you can take pictures, you can have these little miniature works of art to hang around your apartment. They won't be great, but they'll be yours. Do it! You'll be glad you did.

I have decided to pursue higher education, mostly because I am too smart for just a Bachelor's degree. Don't really know what I'll be studying yet, but I am definitely going back, that's decided. Feel free to recommend something to me. Also give me some GAFABPs for tomorrow. Alright suckers, see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment