Thursday, July 8, 2010

Thursday Taste Lesson

I have been obsessed with root beer lately. I am on a vision quest to find my favorite. I've tried many kinds. I have even tried sparkling green tea root beer. Which was, surprisingly, pretty tasty. Also got root beer popsicles and I am currently trying to make root beer ice cream. I am obsessed. To this point, my personal favorite and first recommendation to you today is Virgil's.



Delicious! Spicy and creamy, just how I like it. Plus look at that bottle! Pop top! That picture on there didn't hurt Virgil's appeal to me either.

I'm always on the lookout for a better root beer, so feel free to suggest.


Another blog I check daily:

GIZMODO

Keeps me current on tech, gadgets and cool science stories. I am a nerd. I have embraced this.

Next suggestion:

Muad'Dib!

Kittens! Hooray! Especially Fremen kittens. Fear is the mind killer.

Oh that reminds me. Read Dune. Seriously. One of my favorite books ever, transcends its nerdy sci-fi ness by being supremely well written and compelling. Or maybe I'm just a nerd, but it is truly excellent. Don't watch the movie, it is terrible. Awesomely terrible.


Shai Hulud!

I also suggest you guys give me a new job. I could use one. Thanks.

Any of you like Kid Dynamite? I am suggesting a band called the Shook Ones. They sound so much like Kid Dynamite it is almost embarrassing, but still, hey! new Kid Dynamite.
Rock!

Their later stuff is a little more Lifetime / Saves the Day, but still awesome. Highly recommend.

That'll do it for today. I hope these things make you a better person.

2 comments:

  1. I had really great root beer, well, sarsaparilla, on vacation!

    where?

    sioux city

    sioux city sarsaparilla.

    mmm mm good.

    ReplyDelete