Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thursday Taste Lesson

Hey Google image search, I don't like your new style. Go back to the old way. Thanks. Despite that, I found a gem to write some words on top of for today's playlist album cover.
We're going with a reader submitted theme today, thanks reader! I'm going to try not to be too literal and corny with this one. Maybe. I am going to try to make a playlist I'd actually want to listen to.

See what I did there?

1. Not for Sale - Electric Frankenstein
2. Wolf Like Me - TV on the Radio
3. Gigantic - Pixies
4. The Call of Ktulu - Metallica
5. Brimstone Rock - 16 Horsepower
6. Am I Demon - Danzig
7. Earth People - Dr. Octagon
8. Tarantulas Attack - The Explosion
9. Surprise! You're Dead! - Faith No More
10. The Trooper - Iron Maiden
11. Holy Diver - Killswitch Engage
12. Zombies - King Khan and the BBQ Show
13. Through the Fire and the Flames - Dragonforce

Whew, that was harder than I thought it'd be. I could have just thrown up an entire Iced Earth album and called it a day, but no! I brought the realness. You're welcome. Any ideas for more playlists? Send em to me!

I'll take this time to point out a couple artists from the list you might not know.

16 Horsepower - alt-country from Denver. These guys are dark, vaudevillian, American and awesome. Really an interesting take on instrumentation and composition. Through all their weirdness they still manage to make great songs, helping them escape what could feel very gimicky. The singer's father was an apocalyptic, fire and brimstone preacher - a voice and lyrical source that are definitely recognizable.

King Khan - in any of is iterations, with the BBQ Show or with the Shrines, this dude brings it. Over the top showmanship combined with a surprisingly competent and nuanced band make them very successful and fun. Get into it. 70s funk/soul/pop/rock/garage/psych.

I also suggest tacos. Get some tacos.




ADDENDUM: I came across this site and I was like "oh man who should I send this to?" and then I decided: everyone.

For grammar snobs AND tattoo snobs!.

No comments:

Post a Comment