Thursday, July 15, 2010

Thursday Taste Lesson

You know what I thought would be fun? Making playlists. I already love doing this and figured I could just make some funny photoshops, get some suggestions from you and then post it here! Content is important to me, order really isn't. I usually listen to them on shuffle. Since the songs have little to do with each other beyond the arbitrary theme I slapped on them, they don't need to be played in order.

Here's the first, one of my favorite types of playlists:

Hey girl, hey

1. Mexico - Cake
2. Candy - Morphine
3. Innocent When You Dream - Tom Waits
4. Guitar and Video Games - Sunny Day Real Estate
5. Oh Messy Life - caP' n Jazz
6. Lost Cause - Beck
7. Untitled - Interpol
8. Skyway - The Replacements
9. Maps - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
10. First Breath after a Coma - Explosions in the Sky
11. Waiting on Wild Horses - The Good Life
12. Shinkansen - Daedalus
13. Oslo Skyline - Jaga Jazzist

Ok 13 is a good number. I realized this would also be a great playlist to kill yourself to. But don't do that. I need readers.




Topical playlist time!

Splash!

1. Get off of My Cloud - The Rolling Stones
2. Girls Like Status - The Hold Steady
3. Outta Harm's Way - King Khan and the Shrines
4. Wonderful People - Q and not U
5. Staring at the Sun - TV on the Radio
6. Roots Radical - Rancid
7. Someday I Suppose - The Mighty, Mighty Bosstones
8. Honey White - Morphine
9. Mirror in the Bathroom/Rotating Head Medley - The English Beat
10. Radio, Radio - Elvis Costello
11. Velocity - Face to Face
12. Santa Monica - Everclear
13. Kate is Great - The Bouncing Souls

WOW! That's an awesome summer party right there. Now, be advised, that is for summer fun hangout daytime party or driving around. Not to be used for road trips, breezy summer nights or summertime blues.



Making playlists is fun! Please feel free to suggest a playlist theme, or comment on mine, or make your own! This blog doesn't have enough interaction. Comment on my posts and I'll comment back! That would be really exciting for you, I bet.

4 comments:

  1. Commenting sucks...but not as much as commenting back to comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the input Deej! Any suggestions for a playlist theme?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Know what I think?
    I think you should make CDs of these and mail them to me.
    Those are my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a lot of work. You should just download them and think of me.

    ReplyDelete