Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thursday Taste Lesson

Ahhh this playlist thing is workin'! I like it. Maybe it's just indulgent, but, this is a blog after all.

Today's playlist: Sad songs disguised as happy songs. This might be a challenge.



1. Tears of a Clown - The English Beat
2. Pints of Guinneess Make you Strong - Against Me!
3. Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now - The Smiths
4. Road to Nowhere - Talking Heads
5. Last Caress - The Misfits
6. Boys Don't Cry - The Cure
7. Whiskey in the Jar - Thin Lizzy
8. 16 Military Wives - The Decemberists
9. Holland, 1945 - Neutral Milk Hotel
10. Feel the Pain - Dinosaur Jr.
11. Radio, Radio - Elvis Costello
12. Stuck Between Stations - The Holdsteady
13. Paper Thin - Hot Water Music

Whew, that was a tough one. I think it's an excellent list.

Any additions to this list? I love songs like this. Comment your favorite happy/sad songs, or suggestions for other playists.

Also today you should definitely check out Catalog Living, another funny caption site. They take pictures from catalogs (looks to be mostly fancy houseware places) and write funny captions. I enjoy it.

Keep it real.



13 comments:

  1. alot of against me!'s songs are like that. cudos to putting that on there. check out some tv on the radio, we were promised jet packs, and frightened rabbit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First time I heard that song I was all "yeah drunken sing along!" and then I listened to the words and thought "Jesus, this song is dark - 'If I would have known just how things would have ended up I just would have let myself die'" yikes!

    Love tv on the radio. Wolf like me is the best song of all time. Howlin Forever!

    We were promised jet packs = Scottish Bloc Party, or a softer version of Bear vs Shark

    ReplyDelete
  3. the person who decided this should be the playlist. best playlist theme maker ever.July 29, 2010 at 5:43 PM

    fairytale of new york - the pogues

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, I really thought about adding that one, but I love that song, and it makes me happy. Sure, there's some bad stuff, but it's kind of happy too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. playlist theme maker.July 29, 2010 at 6:00 PM

    i don't know how that song could make you happy. it's a sad song about a couple that hates each other. sound familiar?

    ReplyDelete
  6. But the dude is jovial about it. And Christmas! I love Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, this is incredible.

    Play list me for a sleepover for 3 girls, all in their late 20's.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You want me to make you a late 20s slumber party play list?

    ReplyDelete
  9. spice girls, destiny's child, cleopatra, en vogue, all saints, 4 nonblondes, dixie chicks, and some other shit. worst playlist ever.

    ReplyDelete
  10. No.
    Things don't translate at all when drunk.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lot is two words.
    Tony, why didn't you attack when anonymous made that horrid error?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a little sympathy for people who spell a lot wrong - ever since it was given to me in a spelling bee. It was bullshit then. Spelling bee, not spelling and space bee.

    ReplyDelete